Vanilla Bunny (Free Pattern)
Updated: Oct 9
© Copyright Notice: You have permission to sell finished products made from this pattern, giving the credits to HaruLeven but, re-writing, re-selling, or copying any part of the pattern itself is prohibited.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
* I’m not a native English speaker, so if you notice any language mistakes or mistakes related to this pattern itself I'll appreciate your advice. Also, if you don’t understand some instructions I’ll be glad to help you by e-mail too.
Thank you for choosing my pattern and I hope you enjoy it! ;)
* 2mm crochet hook and adequate yarn for this hook size in the colours white and red
* Pink yarn to embroidering the nose
* 7mm red buttons
* A piece of satin ribbon to adorn the neck if you want
* Tapestry needle
* Stuffing fibre
* Blush makeup
For this project, I used 100% cotton yarn Bella (Fios Pingouin, TEX 370, 5ply, 12WPI) with a 2mm crochet hook.
Approximately 15cm from the top of the ears. The actual size of the finished item may change depending on the materials used. If you use different hook sizes and yarn you’ll have to adapt the size of the eyes too.
My abbreviations (based on US terms):
* MR - magic ring
* ST - stitch
* SL ST - slip stitch
* SC - single crochet
* INC - increase (2sc in the same st)
* DEC - decrease (sc 2 together)
* HDC - half double crochet
* (STITCH)xNUMBER - number of times you have to repeat that stitch
* [ ] - total number of stitches
* If you don’t know how to do one of the crochet stitches used in this pattern you can search on YouTube for “name of the stitch + tutorials” and you’ll find some very easy and detailed video tutorials for beginners.
* The rows that don’t mention to do a chain between them are worked in continuous rounds, so it’ll be easier if you use a stitch marker to mark every last stitch from the row.
Head and body: (white yarn)
R1: 6sc in the MR 
R2: (inc)x6 
R3: (sc, inc)x6 
R4: (2sc, inc)x6 
R5: (3sc, inc)x6 
R6: (4sc, inc)x6 
R7: (5sc, inc)x6 
R8: (6sc, inc)x6 
R9-R12 (4 rows): 1sc in each st around 
R13: (inc)x3, (sc)x45 
R14: (sc, inc)x3, (sc)x45 
R15: 1sc in each st around 
R16: (7sc, dec)x6 
R17: 1sc in each st around 
R18: (4sc, dec)x8 
R19: (3sc, dec)x8 
R20: (sc, dec)x5, (sc)x8, (sc, dec)x3 
R21: (inc)x24 
Insert the eyes in R13, 10st apart and embroider the nose, to the right of your stitch marker. Stuff the head and apply some blush makeup onto the cheeks.
R22-R23: 1sc in each st around 
R24: (sc)x18, (2sc, inc)x8, (sc)x6 
R25-R27 (3 rows): 1sc in each st around 
R28: (sc)x18, (3sc, inc)x8, (sc)x6 
R29-R31 (3 rows): 1sc in each st around 
R32: (sc)x18, (4sc, inc)x8, (sc)x6 
R33-R35 (3 rows): 1sc in each st around 
R36: (sc)x18, (5sc, inc)x8, (sc)x6 
R37-R39 (3 rows) : 1sc in each st around 
R40: (8sc, dec)x8 
R41: (7sc, dec)x8 
R42: (6sc, dec)x8 
R43: (5sc, dec)x8 
R44: (4sc, dec)x8 
R45: (3sc, dec)x8 
R46: (2sc, dec)x8 
Stuff firmly the whole body.
R47: (sc, dec)x8 
R48: (dec)x8 
Fasten off and weave the end closing the hole.
Ears: make 2 (white yarn)
R1: 3sc in the MR 
R2: (inc)x3 
R3: (sc, inc)x3 
R4: 1sc in each st around 
R5: (2sc, inc)x3 
R6: 1 sc in each st around 
R7: (3sc, inc)x3 
R8: (4sc, inc)x3 
R9: (5sc, inc)x3 
R10: (6sc, inc)x3 
R11-R15 (5 rows): 1sc in each st around 
R16: (2sc, dec)x6 
R17: (sc, dec)x6 
R8: 1sc in each st around 
Sew the ends of the ears together and sew it to the top of the head.
Apply some blush makeup onto the inside part of the ears.
Tail: pom-pom (white yarn) was made based on Arts&Crafts’ pattern.
Sew it to the body. You can find the video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA8LRIllHD4
Bow: (red yarn) was made based on Sewrella’s pattern.
Sew it to the head. You can find the video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfkJffXcPrA
Thank you for choosing my pattern!
I hope you like it and let me see your own doll when it’s finished!
Tag me on Instagram at @haruleven.aspie and I’ll be very happy to admire your work!